Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Drifting

Nearly two weeks without a post, and still I feel I have little to offer. I've been scurrying around trying to get my ducks in a row in order to submit a wine/art/craft show registration. You'd think I never prepared or submitted a registration to a jury before. I don't usually drag my feet this much when it comes to registrations. Perhaps I want to get into this show just a little too much. To not be accepted due to tardiness is much less disappointing than not being accepted due to the nature or quality of my items for sale. I suppose I'm feeling just a little insecure.

Also, it's very noticeable that so many bloggers have been writing, publishing, and selling books lately. Did it really take blogging for them to realize they could write? The one I'm most impressed with was written by one of my all-time favorite bloggers, Amanda Soule. You can find her blog here. Reading her blog always makes me feel so peaceful. She takes great pictures, and her kids are just as cute as bugs. She especially likes taking pictures of their little feet. Anyway, because I've been reading her blog for a while I feel proud of her for getting a book published, like she's a close personal friend or something. The internet is funny that way.

As for me, I'm working on a couple of projects I'll share later. One includes massive quantities of feathers, and the other involves really hot metal. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...