Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blogs: Fact Or Fiction

It's no secret. Anyone who knows me at all knows I love to read blogs. Writing them is another story. Oh, I love to write them, but I don't know that I'm very good at it, especially when it comes to posting on a regular basis.

Most of the blogs I read are personal; at least they seem personal to me. They are accounts of people's everyday lives, complete with pictures and links and everything else technical.

I could account for my everyday life and include pictures and links too. The problem is, you'd be reading the same post every single day.

Tell me the truth. All you people out there who project lives of bliss and serenity, is it really that way for you? As a reader I find your blogs soothing and inspiring. But seriously, are you truly that serene? You're homeschooling your houseful of kids, keeping a house relatively clean (I see those pictures), maintaining a romantic and fruitful marriage, and on top of all that you have a business of writing a blog, writing for other blogs, taking all the pictures for your blog, creating for and maintaining an online shop of all the things you've made in your spare time, and even writing books on the subject.

Honestly, are you really that productive? Are your business ventures lucrative? Is your life really as carefree and wholesome as it appears on the pages of your blog?

Just curious.

And maybe a little envious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...