Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fete des Fleurs Festival

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. I wasn't expecting the alarm clock for another half hour, so I let the birds sing me into a semi-doze. At 5:00 I woke up invigorated and ready to go.

It's true. Getting up at the crack of dawn is so much easier when you're working for yourself. All week long I have to get up at 5:00 to put time in at my day job. On this particular Saturday husbie and I were on our way to sell my wares at the Chateau St. Croix Fete des Fleurs Festival.


The chateau is nestled in the rolling hills of eastern Wisconsin. In addition to grape vines the property also includes a field full of horses, a serene little pond, a formal garden, and the grand chateau itself. There was music, food, art, and of course wine tasting. The owners and staff at the chateau were like a family to each other were gracious hosts to the vendors and guests during the event.

Husbie and I had a wonderful two days meeting people and soaking in the fresh country air. It was such a relaxed setting (could it have been all that wine?) and the work I was there to do was actually a joy.

Thanks to all of you who stopped into my booth, and to the staff of the Chateau St. Croix for giving me inspiration and motivation. I need to do more shows like the Fete des Fleurs Festival as they give such wonderful opportunities to interact creative artists and enthusiastic shoppers.

There could be a fall festival in store for me at The Chateau St. Croix. I would jump at the chance. If you missed the experience this past weekend, be sure to visit during the season of autumn colors. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...