Friday, January 21, 2011

New Year's Resolution #1 ~ Create And Maintain A Beautiful Craftland


Today is the day I announce my finally getting antsy about recharging Auntie B's Wax.  The business, that is.  After taking the month of December off (and most of January), I'm ready to jump into it again, to find new venues, to improve my Etsy shop, to be more organized with my consignment shops.  Enough of this lollygagging around.  I'm ready to get back into the studio and start pouring molten wax.  I'm ready to make ideas into actual things I can touch.

Did I say I'm ready to get back into the studio?  Ah, there's the rub.  You see, Craftland is in the midst of being rehabed and looks like it blew up.



That picture you just looked at?  Those are all candles that need to be remelted and made into new candles.  And then there are the supplies to deal with...



...and more supplies on the same shelving unit as candles to be sold.  Oh wait, there are some candles needing remelting on this shelving too.  See how disorganized?


The place is so disorganized I've taken to storing ready-to-sell candles on my desk table.  That's never good, because when things are on the desk table, that means I have absolutely no room to work. 


These pictures were taken after a productive year of being artsy and craftsy and before I started the project of creating a new space for myself.  I'm still in the midst of it, but progress is being made.  I'm excited about what this space will become, but I'm getting tired of the work I need to put into it to get there.  Delayed gratification has never been something I've embraced.  I want my dream space now.

Why am I showing you all of this?  Maybe so you don't have to feel like you're the only one who has let things get out of hand in your studio or home.  Maybe so you can feel really good about how you keep up your studio or home.  Maybe because if I show people my project it'll light a fire under my behind to get the dang project done already.

This weekend I plan to make some serious headway.  Yep, I'm ready.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...