Friday, October 17, 2008

Sensory Overload

The ground in our backyard is covered with a blanket of golden leaves. They reflect into the house, giving our rooms a nice glow. I can hardly wait to spend some time in the country to see the autumn colors in all their splendor. The red, orange, and golden leaves and dark evergreens pack the rolling hills, and crispy fallen leaves blow across country roads. The chilly air will put roses in our cheeks. The smell of wood smoke drifting from the chimney will call us in to the warm cottage for a cup of hot cocoa.

I made an applesauce cake last night and the whole house smelled like apples, raisins, and spices. It was a treat to lick the bowl I used to make the cinnamon and clove cream cheese frosting.

For me, this is the time of year for nesting. I want to spend my time making my home cozy and inviting. I want to cook stews and bake cookies.

I just put a candle up for grabs in my shop. It's the epitome of fall and winter. The rich colors or red and brown match perfectly with the spicy aroma of cloves. Take a look, and see all the other treats I have for the fall season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great candle, love the colors and the fragrance sounds amazing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...