Monday, April 20, 2009

Back In The Game

Hi, I’m back.

For three weeks I spent every spare moment pouring, labeling, and wrapping votives for the Governor’s Fishing Opener on White Bear Lake. You won’t see my name on them, but be assured, they are mine. I used tons of different fragrances and colors – made me want to keep them all! It was an experience I enjoyed undertaking, and I was pleased to know that despite my deadline being lessened by ten days I was still able to complete the order.


Then I just rested for a while.

Next? I’ve submitted some applications to shows and will hopefully be out on the road showing my wares this summer. It’s good to get out there and mingle with the crowds. I’m keeping my fingers crossed on one in particular. Another one I’m interested in has a past with me. It was the first summer show I ever did, years ago. Set in a lovely park the show was coordinated and run by a group of fabulous people. I was inexperienced at the time and while I did profit from the show I really hadn’t a clue about what to show and pretty much underachieved. Now, with a few shows (lots!) under my belt I think it would be fun to go back with a new line of products for a set of customers I haven’t seen in a while.

Also, what about wholesale? I have some dreams. I’d like to send out some letters and samples to admired shops but feel a little shy about the whole thing. I get this way when I need to solicit. It’s not that I don’t think I’m worthy, but I do feel a little insecure. It’s wonderful to be represented in a store where I would shop myself, but presentation has always been a hurdle for me.

On the topic of wholesale, I guess I forgot to mention that my palm wax candles are now being carried in a gift shop in, are you ready for this…Bangkok, Thailand. Tres exotique!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...