Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year (How's That For Original?)

I was at my day job on this New Year's Eve day, and it was a rather nice one.  Because there were so few people in the office I was able to get all of my work done in the morning, which left the afternoon for me to catch up on my blog reading.  I went back to blogs I haven't read in a while, and even found some new ones I like.  A recurring theme in many blogs is a statement by the author that they will be "away" for a while.

Does this happen at the end of every year?  Does a day on the calendar call out to us to rest up before the new year begins?

No matter.  My posts are so sporadic you probably wouldn't even guess I was away, just that I was behind, which is usually the case.  My statement on this New Year's Eve is that I would like to be "present" more often than not in the blogosphere.  There are so many things I want to accomplish in my craft life as well as my personal life, and this is where I should document those trials, errors, and successes. 

We shall see what actually becomes of this so-called resolution to write more, because the trepidation lies not in the writing, but in the photography.  I'm not a photographer by any means, but who wants to read a blog without a picture or two?  Taking good pictures, then doing all that pesky downloading, or uploading, or whatever you call it when you make the pictures fly from the camera to the computer, is what bogs me down. 

So on this eve of the first day of 2010 I bid all of you bloggers a happy time away from your blogs, but please do hurry back.  You are an inspiration to people like me, and also a lovely way to fritter away a slow day at work.  To the rest of you I bid Happy New Year.  I wish us all joyful times, and courage and strength in not-so-joyful times.  Celebrate!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...