Monday, March 15, 2010

Moving Forward


A life has passed, the rituals performed.  For some there will be times of emptiness and uncertainty.  For others, a stack of thank-you notes waiting to be composed and mailed. 

After a week of easing Mrs. Husby into the great beyond and hosting the funeral events I don't know what I'm about anymore.  The weekend proved to be a time of recharging in front of the TV and computer screen, accomplishing a lot of chit-chat on Facebook and Twitter and seeing several movies but not much else. 

It's time to get back into real life again.  Will I remember how to do my day job?  Could it be I'll have some time to vacuum the accumulating sock lint off the carpet?

Real life also brings on the new challenge of making decisions about Mr. Husby.  I'm not ready for that.  Husby isn't ready for that.  Yet we move forward, dealing with it as though we are indeed ready.

And what's with Daylight Savings Time starting in March?!  I really could have used that extra hour this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...