Thursday, August 12, 2010

He's A Happy Boy

It's hard to believe I haven't seen or talked to my brother in four years.  Today is the anniversary of the last time I saw him.  He died four days later, much to everyone's shock.  Both anniversaries are almost unbearable.

There are times I think of him and feel nothing but grief.  There are other times I think of him and roll my eyes at what a character he was.  There are ways about him I strive to emulate ~ he was an example to me despite being years younger. 

So here's to Diggy.  I cry for myself and others who have tried to go on living when such a big chunk has been torn from our lives.  I smile thinking of the times we had.  I remember. 




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Losing a sibling at such a young age is something incomprehensible. The first year is a blur (mostly because you're seeing through tears), the second year is a little easier; the tears don't spring up quite as much. The third year it starts to get easier to talk about them, as well as their death, without crying like a baby. However, there are still those times that you just can't believe it, and a song or a photo or memory makes it all fresh.

You, your sister and mom and dad are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sara said...

Thanks, Terri. I know you can relate. It sucks.

Nano said...

Remember, Diggy will always be forever young. Sing joyfully and laugh playfully and know that he is always with you.

Sara said...

Nano, you are so right. Happy Boy is a song he sang to our nephews when they were little and depicted his kid-like playfulness to a T. Hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba. What a goof.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...