Monday, October 11, 2010

Husby's The Chef

For a long time I was the primary cook in the house. Husby would offer to cook when he had a drive to flex his culinary muscles. Pasta and sauce. His specialty.  I was grateful for the break from cooking, but it seemed it was so frequently pasta and sauce.

He made his own sauce from scratch without a recipe so it was different every time.  But still, pasta and sauce.  Sometimes spaghetti, sometimes rigatoni.  But still, pasta and sauce.

As I grew more interested in making candles and other crafty things Husby offered to cook more often.  The more often he cooked, the more diverse his menus became.  Eventually he became the primary cook in the house simply to allow me more time to do other things.  What a dreamboat!

The down side to this arrangement are the times when he calls during the day and says, "I have to have lunch with some clients and won't be eating dinner.  You're on your own."  This wouldn't be a problem for most people, but I've become so spoiled that I don't even want to set foot in the kitchen, much less fix myself a proper meal.

It is on those days I hear in my head the swarthy voice of Sam Elliot telling me...Brownies.  It's what's for dinner. 


There's nothing wrong with that.  I just thought I'd tell you in case you didn't already know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...