Thursday, June 16, 2011

One Step Closer To That Vampire Fantasy


I gave blood yesterday for the first time in many years.  My excuse for falling away from being a regular doner?  Inconvenience.  Well enough is enough.  I decided doing the right thing isn't always the convenient thing, and donating blood is the right thing to do.

Don't give me all that about hating needles.  No one likes needles stuck into their bodies, but dang it all, that's the only way they can get the blood out of you.  Beats the heck out of leeches. Picture yourself laying in a hospital, dependent on the blood of a person who didn't donate because they were afraid of a needle.  Not so nice on the other side, is it?  Suck it up, baby, and stick out that arm.

I felt really good after donating.  The actual collection took less than nine minutes.  And what's really nice is they give you free cookies and juice afterwards!  Free!  I decided I'm going to become a regular doner again.  It's the right thing to do and you will get lots of positive karma points for doing it.  Plus, you'll save lives.  Knowing that is even better than a free Lorna Doone cookie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...