Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Excitement Builds

I know you're probably thinking, from the title of this post, that I'm referring to the excitement of Christmas.  Well, there is that.  The next few days will be a blur of activities and fun, not to mention much food and drink.  But I'm compelled to address the issue of my business.  You see, I've decided to rename and move my Etsy shop.  The current shop is officially on vacation indefinitely.

It wasn't an easy decision and I still have a lot of kinks to work out.  Don't worry, you'll find the same great products in my new shop as in the old, with the addition of some new items in the works.  But I've forgotten how to set up an Etsy shop ~ the details that must be tended to.  So there's that part of it.  There's also the part of creating a banner, taking pictures of all the items up for sale, making sure the 100% positive feedback from the previous shop will be accessible to those visiting the new shop and a ton of other things. 

The name of the new shop will simply be Auntie B's Wax.  There's a long story about why the current shop is called Auntie B Online, but I won't get into that.  I'm glad now that I didn't use Auntie B's Wax for the first shop as I would now be unable to use that name for the new shop.

I'm using the word "shop" way too much in this post. 

Anyway, I need some feed back regarding the banner for the new shop.  I know all about branding and stuff, and that I should probably have the same banner for my shop as I have on this blog.  But I like to change things up here and there. 

Here is your task for the day.  I have two banner options below.  I would love to hear what you have to say about them.  These may not even be remotely close to what I actually use for my shop, but I'd like to get some opinions about these two in particular.  OK, here we go...

Option 1:



Option 2:



I may be inquiring more about banner content in the future.  Looking to my adoring fans for advice has always served me well and this situation is no different.  Please let me know in the comments which picture you think would look best for my new shop.  If you think they both stink, say so ~ I won't be offended.

Now that I've given you work to do, I'm off to bake some peanut blossom cookies and to wrap the last of the gifts to put under the tree.  Ho Ho Ho!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Well, the only difference between Option 1 and Option 2 appears to be that the candle is wider. So, I guess I like them both about the same. However, since these banners only show a candle, as a customer browsing Etsy I would be inclined to think that you only sell candles. I would suggest you create a banner that is a little more eclectic, or includes a catchy by-line to let the browers know about the other treasures you offer.

Sara said...

Mary Ann, once again you're right. The current banner shows a dreamy effect, which is good for candles, but what about those smutty pulp fiction magnets? The banner doesn't reflect the variety of things I offer.

Keep those comments coming in, people!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...