Monday, June 06, 2011

In The Shade Of The New Canopy

About six months ago I decided my mantra for this fiscal year would be you have to play big to win big.  That meant forking out some money to improve not only my product, but my image. 

Three months before that there was a canopy malfunction at one of my outdoor shows.  I bought that canopy second hand from a woman who had done shows for a number of years but had to quit due to physical limitations.  I'm not sure how long she owned it, but was nice to think of me and offer her entire setup for a very reasonable price when I decided to hit the road with my crafty biz.

When the malfunction occurred, six years after I bought the canopy, Husby and I looked at each other and decided we probably couldn't make it work for another year. 

Back to my mantra, I decided to bite the bullet, do the research, and purchase a brand new canopy.  Because of the very long winter and terribly wet and mucky spring we couldn't set it up until this past weekend.  (And seriously, if you buy something like this be sure to set it up ahead of time to make sure all the parts are included and it isn't damaged.  You don't want to find surprises when you're "on.")

How much do I love my new canopy?


The best part about this canopy is it comes in a really nice carrying case.  The entire set-up weighs at least sixty pounds so it's nice to have a caddy with wheels.  The carrying case also has arm straps so you can carry it on your back if necessary.  Yeah, like I could wrangle that on my ever-so-delicate (haha) self.  Of course Husby had to prove his mightiness and show how easy it is to lug this thing around backpack style...


Don't you just love his Sears catalog model pose? 

Well, no matter if Husby carries the new canopy on his back or I wheel it to where it has to go, I'm ready for action this summer.  See me at the Chateau St. Croix Winery for the Fete Des Fleurs event June 11th and 12th.  I'll be the one under the brand new canopy.

4 comments:

Aanya said...

Sara! Looks like we'll both be sporting new canopies this year - can't wait to see you guys this weekend! I'm praying for nice weather....

Sara said...

Yay for new canopies! This weekend will be fun - no matter what the weather we'll all have a great time. See you there!

MaryAnn said...

Was the photo of Husby taken before or after you set up the canopy? Just wondering if once you took it out of that handy dandy carrier, if it so easily and snuggly fit back in? Seems whenever I take something out of a box, container, carrier, etc. it never goes back in as nice and tidy as it came out.

Sara said...

Good point MaryAnn! The picture was taken after we set up and took down the canopy. Which makes the new canopy that much more awesome! Or maybe Husby and I are the awesome ones for figuring out how to make it fit so nicely. Either way, I'm happy with the results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...