Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tonight

I came home with a splitting headache. Stress at work. Introspection. Headache.

*****************

The overcast skies had an enormous calming effect on me.

*****************

I unpacked the bag I took to the cottage on the holiday weekend. I gave my jammies a little sniff and got a snootful of that wonderful musty cottage smell. I folded up the jammies and tucked them into my drawer like a little sachet.

*****************

Bottle cap production is back in action. Hundreds of them, it seemed. The methodical process helped my headache to dissipate, along with a handful of ibuprofen.

*****************

Colors and colors. The bottle cap magnets are very colorful.

*****************

The aromas of archival glue, resin, and E6000 were extremely pungent, in a good way.

*****************

I took my time cutting up a fresh pineapple. So juicy and ripe. Yellow and sweet. It smelled even better than the resin.

*****************

The shoulds of the evening went out the window. There’s tomorrow for those. Tonight I’ll crawl under the quilt with my cottage jammies, forgetting about the pains of the day and savoring the good evening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...