Thursday, October 22, 2009

Featured Shop - Glorious Hats

About twice a month I contribute an article to the HandmadeMN blog featuring the HandmadeMN members' shops on Etsy. I thought it would be nice to have those articles on my blog too, as I really like the artists and shops I feature, and their wares might add a bit of class to my little corner of the blogosphere.

I've always loved hats. I love looking at them and I love wearing them. I'm not so excited about hat hair once I take the hat off, but that just means I should leave my hat on. (Didn't Joe Cocker sing a song about that?) When in New Orleans I could have spent an entire day trying on the hats in a millinery shop on Royal Street. Wonderful, wonderful hats. Hats are fun, and more people should wear them. Jane Carlstrom has a shop on Etsy called Glorious Hats. I've also seen her hats in person at Artist Mercantile in St. Paul, MN, and believe me, they are glorious.


Here's one that is just cute as a button. Ha! Get it? It's called Buttons and Beads Straw Hat. So summery, and what a beautiful trim around the brim.


Here's one for the upcoming cooler months. The Wool Beret would give a touch of class and sass to an autumn outfit. My favorite part of this hat is the small splash of orange, the happiest color in the world.


This one is so very cool I can't even find words to express it. The Pagoda Percher is a lovely shade of lavender and so unique. It even comes with a hat pin! Jane sure knows the millinery business, and if you have questions about how to wear a hat with a hat pin I'm sure she'll be happy to enlighten you.

Wear hats and keep the art of hat making alive. The best place to start is at Glorious Hats. With one of Jane's hats you'll look simply divine.

2 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Oh Sara, Yay! for you, you are now a syndicated columnist... and you chose to start that adventure with ME! Wowzer, am about to burst with happiness -- for both of us. Thanks so much and sending many good vibrations and cyber hugs.
((((((((((((((Sara)))))))))))))))))

xxxxx00000000xxxxxxxx
Jane

MaryAnn said...

Love the pagoda percher! I love hats too, but alas, they tend to bring out my dorkiness. I could live with hat hair, but being labeled as "possibly mentally deranged" is a little more than I can bear. Perhaps I just haven't found the right look yet. Maybe I'll have to check out "Glorious Hats" in person. Sounds like a fun place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...