Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tuesday's Dead

(Written Monday)

Cat Stevens is quoted a lot on this blog.  Today I hear in my head...

Well sometimes you have to moan
When nothing seems to suit you

It's not a good thing to moan and grumble when things aren't going your way.  In fact, my dad pointed out the other day my opinions, which were less than uplifting, can be infectious.  Well dang it all anyway, some things are just wrong and I have to say so.

Today wasn't a good day for me, and I only get to look forward to Tuesday, which also brings about lyrics from Cat...

Tuesday's dead...

That's right.  I get to look forward the angst and worry that comes with a parent in the hospital, a spontaneous trip to the dentist, and a haircut.  Bad enough I have to visit a hospital, which always holds the possibility of really bad news,  but I also broke off a huge piece of tooth today, necessitating a trip to the dentist tomorrow.  Fortunately it doesn't hurt right now.  The crown I'll most likely need will hurt the checkbook, however.


Artwork by Anthony Falbo

A trip to the hair salon (yes, I still call it a salon) would normally be a welcome break in the mundane day-to-day, but I've got a stylist (yes, I still call them stylists) who thinks I can right the wrongs of a government program just because I work for a government agency.  If I can't, I worry she'll give me the cut from hell.  And guess what...I can't right those wrongs.  I see the injustice every day of my life and there's nothing anyone can do about it, least of all me.

Me, starting Tuesday

So what do you want?  I'm writing this at the end of a very discouraging Monday.  It's being posted on a very stressful Tuesday.  While you read this, think of me and and send me some good vibes. 

How's your day going?



Addendum: Feeling much better after watching that cutie pie Cat and taking in his most insightful lyrics. Things are going to be okay. At least they will be as they should.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...