Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Favorite

Without today's favorite I wouldn't be who I am today.  In fact, I wouldn't be, period.  She is...Mom.

I've never been a mother myself, but the older I got the more I came to appreciate all that mothers are.  They put up with a lot of heartache and are filled with so much joy simply for being a mom. 

I learned a lot from my mom over the years ~ everything from taking my first step to the intricacies of "lady things."  From my mom I inherited an undeniable love for butter and was given many opportunities just for the sake of finding myself. 

Today Mom is my favorite, not only for all she has done for me, but also for all she has brought to the world.  She's generous and gracious and a good example of how more people should be. 

Thanks for everything, Mom, and Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...