Monday, July 19, 2010

Bigger Than A Breadbox

There's been some excitement at my house.


Can you guess what it is?  Probably not, as my idea of excitement is probably much different than yours. 


There was a delivery, which was bigger than a bread box.  Way bigger.  We had one of these all along, but it came with my marriage, about which I was very unhappy.  (I was unhappy with the thing, not the marriage.)  Yes, martyr that I am, I took the bad with the good when I took my husband oh so many years ago.


You see, I married a man who believed that if it doesn't hurt, it isn't working.  Discomfort is proof of being alive.  Comfort = lazy.  After fourteen years of marriage I think he finally believes differently.


Yes, we finally got a new mattress.  Not only a mattress, the most luxurious mattress we could ever imagine having.  Even Husby wallows in its billowy goodness. 



We continue to be aware of the possibility of nose bleeds as this is the thickest mattress we've ever experienced.  I don't even have to bend over to make the bed ~ and I'm tall!

So I put on a new set of sheets and we were good to go.  I dreamt more that first night than I had in months.  I also stayed in the bed for eleven hours straight that night, rendering me completely useless the next day.  Is it possible to have too much of a good thing?


No, it doesn't look all fluffy and grandiose like a bed fit for a magazine spread, but it is our respite ~ a place to retire at the end of the day.  The delivery of our new mattress was the highlight of my entire week.

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I knew exactly what it was with the first picture. It's about time! You slept for 11 hours? Did your new mattress render you oblivious to Husby's nighttime jogging sprees? If so, then you made definitely made a great buy!

KS said...

Hi, there! I just stumbled on your blog and now I'm ready for a nap :). Hope you enjoy! It looks heavenly!!

Jane Carlstrom said...

LOL way to go Sara!

Heather Leavers said...

we have a thick mattress too, with a top layer of memory foam. it's great, but our fitted sheets only *just* fit, and sometimes ping off the corners when you least expect it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...