Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Springer Gets Nixed

Plagued with a headache I stayed home from work.  Back in the old days when I took a sick day I would lay around and watch daytime TV with all its commercials aimed toward unemployed and injured people.  I hated being talked to like I didn't know what I was doing, as in calling the right ambulance chaser lawyer or furthering my education to procure a lucrative position in a greasy spoon successful business.

I stopped watching daytime TV with its screaming audiences, melodramatic plots, and overly enthusiastic contestants.

But I have a headache.  What else am I supposed to do?


The TV did not come on at all, but the computer did.  However, unlike my friend Mary Ann I was not glued to a screen of Spider Solitaire or even Bejeweled.  I took care of my computer business and went on to more pressing chores like finishing up the laundry, cleaning the bathroom, and washing dishes.  Holiday weekends cause me to fall behind in my duties as housekeeper and it was just proper that I ignore the throbbing pain in my head and the fuzzy blind spot in my eye to take care of the business at hand.

I'm glad I didn't turn on the TV.  Didn't even turn on the stereo.  I was as focused as I could be while in massive headache mode.  Makes me think that when I have a stroke or heart attack I'll be able to clean the oven while waiting for the ambulance to come and take me to the hospital.  Knowing that is so much more satisfying than watching Jerry Springer.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

For the record, I rarely play Bejeweled!

Sara said...

Perhaps not, Mary Ann, but it's a favorite vortex of mine. Luckily I didn't get trapped.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...