Friday, April 15, 2011

What's The Story?


The older I get the more I love the old movies.  I'm not talking movies from the '80s or even '60s.  I'm talking movies from the '30s and '40s.  They were made long before I was born and embody a Hollywood glamor no longer found in the movie industry. 

The old movie stars were my first inspiration for the bottle cap drink charms I sell.  Currently I have four sets of these black-and-white drink charms.  They were given as Christmas gifts to the board of directors of the Katharine Hepburn Center for the Arts in Connecticut by the chairman of the board, a sale I was so proud to make.


I could sit for hours watching the film noir gangster movies or the comedies of the Marx Brothers.  Nick and Nora Charles are my absolute favorite ~ starring characters in The Thin Man movies.  Give me a rainy day and a bowl of popcorn and you won't be able to tear me away from my old movies. 


Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to old Hollywood.  If you're an old movie buff or know someone who is, you can get a set of these fun charms at my shop.  They're my small way of paying tribute to Hollywood and its legends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...