Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We're Having A Heat Wave

Seems like July has lasted forever. The hot and steamy weather of this past week has worn me down, not that I'm not loving the hot and steamy part of our four seasons. In fact, after spending nine hours of my day in an icy air conditioned office building my skin revels in soaking up the heat of midday. It's just that...it wears me down.

To combat this I've decided to make it a priority to wash my car within the next couple of days. By hand. In my own driveway. (Seems to be a thing of the past, which is why I put so much emphasis on it.) Scrubbing bugs off the grill and windshield will most certainly invigorate me. The cold water from the hose will cool the baked asphalt driveway and trickle between my toes as I sponge off the dust grime that has dulled the dark green finish of the car.

I also know driving around in a clean car will make me feel like a teenager on summer vacation, especially if I have some of the old favorites blaring from the speakers.

Go for it. Pull out the hose, dud yourself up like Daisy Duke, and wash the car in your yard or driveway today. You'll feel like a kid again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...