Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nature's Art


Spring is on its way.  Really.  I mean it.  You can count on it.  The snow has ceased to be white and is turning grey, brown, and even black in its melting state.  That's a sure sign spring will be here eventually. 

I got an e-mail from my friend MaryAnn with some photos that really got me in the mood.  And because she would rather send e-mails to everyone she knows rather than share this cool stuff on her blog, I thought I'd show these pictures on my blog instead.  I don't know who to credit for these amazing photos, so if I'm stepping on any toes, please let me know.  Or if you know the source of these photos tell me so I can provide a link.

Now, can you tell me what this is?



No?  Maybe this will help...


I'll give you a hint.  You probably won't see this while flying over Nebraska.


Have you guess yet?  If not, this next one will surely reveal the secret.


Yep.  Tulips.  Millions and millions of tulips.  What represents springtime better than tulips?  These photos were taken in the Netherlands.  They're famous for their tulips, you know.



Not only do these pictures make me eager for spring, they awaken my wanderlust.  Have any of you been to Holland in May to see the tulips bloom?  I can't even imagine how overwhelmingly beautiful it would be.


So there's my promise that spring will once again return.  If you can't wait for the tulips to bloom in your back yard, refer back to this post and enjoy the view.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...