Monday, September 13, 2010

Autumn Kickoff

This past weekend I showed my wares at the White Bear Township Day celebration.  It was a beautiful day and a great event for adults and children alike.
Believe it or not there was a snake charmer...


All right, she isn't really a snake charmer ~ she's a representative of the Tamarack Nature Center located in the lovely White Bear Township.  She also had a turtle with her.  I took a picture for my mother's sake.  We have turtles like this swimming in the lake where our cottage is, and she claims they're as big as washtubs.  No, Mom, this is what you're seeing in the lake...


I realize there isn't a point of reference shown here, so I can't really prove this turtle isn't as big as a washtub, but trust me.  Not even as big as a dinner plate. 

Along with reptiles there were other fun things for the kids to do...


I also saw some burly, rugged fire fighters giving a demonstration of how to put out a car fire.  They had a very big hose.


There was beer supplied by the local VFW...


...and live entertainment from The Rockin' Hollywoods and Rubber Soul (Beatles tribute band).  Lots of room for people to spread a blanket and enjoy the music.


Lots of people took advantage of the helicopter rides all afternoon and into the evening.


The day was concluded with a grand display of fireworks. 



I don't have a very fancy camera so the fireworks pictures didn't turn out too well.  Believe me, they were admired by everyone at the park and all of the neighboring residents in the area.  Sensational!

Husby and I had a very nice day, ate some good food, and met some nice people.  Thank you all who came to visit my booth and a big fat kiss to those of you who bought something from the humble Auntie B.  It was a beautiful day to kick of the autumn season.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Great! very very fun in the fair and alots to do fun and rejoice activities are going on like seeing and capturing photos of turtle which is as big as washing tub, really this is incredible for me and crackers activities are happenings at time of shutting time the events.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...