Friday, September 10, 2010

Time To Buck Up

I've been feeling so yucky this past week.  There was a lot of fun to be had at the State Fair, but immediately afterwards I ran face first into the biggest germ I've seen in a long time.  It was just a common cold, but I haven't had one in years and it completely knocked me out.  Even as I write this my head is throbbing with clogged sinuses, and I'm getting dangerously close to running out of Kleenex.

Funny thing about getting sick ~ with all this laying around not getting anything done I realize how much I actually accomplish when I'm not sick.  Lots of times I feel so discouraged about not getting enough done, but as I spent the last week of being propped up on the couch by a giant pillow, tissues stuffed into my nose and watching really sad daytime TV like I Dream of Jeannie, I realize I'm usually fairly productive. 

After a week of lazing around feeling sorry for myself while Husby waited on me with a glass of juice here and fetching Vicks and Sudafed there, I'm kind of itching to get up and move around again.  And not a moment too soon!  Saturday I'll be at the White Bear Township Day Celebration.  I might still be talking kind of funny, plugged nose and all, but I promise I won't be contagious.

Come and have some fun.  There will be live music all day long, featuring the Rockin' Hollywoods and a Beatles tribute band.  Of course there will be food and fun vendors...like me!  My booth will look something like this:


I'll have lots of candles, really fun drink charms, and hundreds of very fun magnets for sale.  You could probably get a little bit of your Christmas shopping done!  No sense in waiting til the last minute.

Don't forget to stay for the ever-famous White Bear Township Day fireworks, scheduled to begin at dusk.  What a great way to blast into the autumn season!

3 comments:

Nano said...

Sorry to hear that you have "the crud". My best suggestion besides Unicum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicum )is saline nasal irrigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation) which often uses a neti pot but I like to use a nasal bulb syringe. Works wonders, costs little to nothing, and very natural. So, have hubbie run to Reed's (oops, I mean CVS) and get you a neti pot.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon and that your shows go well!

Sara said...

Thanks for your kind words, Nano and Aime. I beat the bug, had a great show, and am pretty much back to normal again.

Nano - I laughed out loud when I read "Reeds." I used to love that store!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...