Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who's Dave?

Most of the things I sell at Auntie B's Wax are good, wholesome products you would buy for your grandma for Christmas.  A cute little bottle cap magnet with a picture of a butterfly or a sweet smelling candle.  I start getting a little edgy when it comes to my drink charms, with themes such as The Naughty Nurses, although even the charms tend to be harmless memories of retro TV and movies.

As you know, the person behind Auntie B's Wax is just that ~ a person.  And within every person lies a little spunk and a little bit of naughty.  Adult themes have begun to seep into my work.  But that isn't all bad, is it?

There is one magnet I have for sale which gets big laughs from some people and confused looks from others.  Others think the magnet is great but have no idea of its origins.  Still others, mostly those under the age of 18 will look at this particular magnet and ask, "Who's Dave?"


I give you the inspiration for my Dave's Not Here magnet.  For some of you it will be a blast from the past.  Others may be shocked by the theme and language used.  I'll warn you right now, there is some swearing and references to that old girl Mary Jane.  You hippies may reminisce, you oldsters may faint, and you young innocents, well, you'll finally understand who Dave is.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...