Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day

I ran an errand during my lunch break today and caught the inaugural speech. Wow. I'm not normally one with strong political opinions one way or another but President Obama is impressing me. I hope he retains this much support throughout his term.

I've seen the pictures of Pennsylvania Avenue and the National Mall, and it just takes my breath away. Also, as I was driving too and from my errand destination listening to the speech, I could tell other people in their cars were listening. The store I entered had the speech playing through the speakers. Everyone is ready for this. When I'm feeling particularly patriotic, I need to hear the lady herself. She's been on before and will be on again. Kate gets me all choked up every time. Today as we look at a piece of history and open the door to a great new future, get a little choked up. This is big. And it's really, really good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...