Saturday, January 10, 2009

Warm Thoughts

Is it Spring yet? Being in the business of retail mixes up my mental calendar, but I think I’m getting the hang of it once and for all. It’s January, so I have to start thinking about Easter. At Easter I have to start thinking about Halloween. And between Easter and Halloween I have to start thinking about Christmas. It’s like I get to live all the seasons and holidays twice!

The thing is, at the beginning of the year, after the entertaining and celebration of the Christmas season it’s hard to think of the Easter Bunny right away. How do I get in the spirit of tulips and pastel eggs when it’s 10 degrees and snowing outside? Alas, this coming weekend I must wrap my head around it. Shall I begin with little egg-shaped, pastel-colored votive candles? Maybe I can try my hand at a garden-themed hurricane shell. Little pom-pom chicks? Decoupage? The possibilities are endless. That’s part of the problem. Where do I begin?!

In the next couple of days I have go to through the salvaged pages of The Great Recycling project and get some more ideas. I’ll also have to organize those pages.



There’s a wonderful new accordion file waiting to be filled with wonderful crafts, recipes, and home decorating ideas. The year is just beginning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...