Thursday, June 25, 2009

Floating With The Ghosts

Things are weird. Creepy and weird. A bad moon is rising. The high sun, high heat, and high humidity are making everything just plain weird. It's stifling and it makes me jumpy and sedated at the same time.

Lack of sleep could also have something to do with the static in my mood. Excessive heat and inadequate sleep. Those are two things I try to avoid at all cost and yet they're both becoming the ordinary.

I feel like I should be in New Orleans. The oppressive humidity does wonders for the ferns but throws juju way out of whack. The people of New Orleans deal with this sort of thing every day. It puts everyone on the line between sanity and insanity. They say it's not the heat, it's the humidity. 100% humidity and it's not raining. Insomnia comes with the heat. Insanity comes with insomnia. Craziness in the French Quarter. Weird, hot and humid, zombie-like craziness. That's how I feel these days. Just sort of itchy and crazy.

There's a death in the air. Ghosts appear to those who don't sleep. Everything seems sad and lonely. I should be down there, in the French Quarter, wandering around in the dark, watching, and waiting for it all to lift.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...