Monday, June 01, 2009

Living In The Moment

It seems this time of year is even more hectic than the Christmas holiday season. There are weddings, graduations, birthdays, mother's and father's day...the activities never end.

I want to give a special congratulations out to Fojo, the resident graduate of the family. He's graduating from the 8th grade on Wednesday and will move on to bigger and better academic challenges next year. High school!

End of school year activities also included two very wonderful band concerts, one at Fojo's school and one at Peanney's school. Not being much of a team player when it comes to athletics (not much of an athlete, period) I think it would be so much fun to be part of a school band. I was a pianist in those days. The closest I got to being in a band or orchestra was when I played at Northrup Auditorium, a duet with six grand pianos playing one part and another six playing the other part. Many instruments playing at once makes such a wonderful noise. I really loved hearing the school band concerts and am happy to see my nephews can be a part of such great art. It was also very inspiring to see the band directors - such passion for their art and such enthusiasm for their students.

My friend Ruthie has two graduations in her family this summer, as well as a wedding. Her eldest is getting married and I can't wait to see what kind of mother-in-law she'll make. I'm also looking forward to her becoming a grandmother. Yikes.

So much to do and so much to celebrate. It's hard to be organized with so much going on, but organization is the key to living in the moment. This is my new mantra.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...