Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Me Next, Please


You know how you always want your kids to have things better than you did?  I didn't have any kids, but I do have two nephews and I feel that way.  Except they've got it so good I'm beginning to get a little envious.  Paenney has been to Germany and right now as I write this Fojo is touring around in France.

France, I say!

What's that all about?  International travelers before the age of twenty?  And here I am, on the brink of a new decade of my life (with several preceeding) and have only been to Canada and Mexico.  Not that Canada and Mexico aren't perfectly lovely countries.  Well, the part of Mexico I saw wasn't so lovely.  In fact it turned me off of Mexico completely, which is too bad because I hear some parts of Mexico are wonderful.  I saw a dusty old border town that was really kind of scary. 

But I digress.

Fojo is seeing Paris, Versailles, Provence, and then trotting over to Barcelona. 









Travel is an exciting and wonderful thing.  I've seen some beautiful places in my travels (not in Mexico I'm sorry to say) and hope to see many more.  A jaunt across the pond would suit me just fine.  Then again, there are many fascinating and wonderful things to see right here in the United States. 

It's been a while, or so it seems, that I've been anywhere new.  While I sit here tapping away at this blog wondering where I can go Fojo is in the midst of a most awesome vacation.  If I were to write a post card to him over in Europe I'd say "The weather is great, wish I were there."

Do you have a vacation planned in your foreseeable future?  Where are you headed?


Photos by inhabitant.com, bestourism.com, traveldk.com, & toursbarcelona.info


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...