Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Featured Shop ~ Sweet Planet


As someone who grew up without the internet I am constantly stunned at the easy access we now have to the millions of fabulous things for sale throughout the entire world, and all with a simple little click of a button.  My most recent find wasn't from the other side of the earth, but from my own state. 

Sweet Planet, how in the world do you do it?


Is this the shop of a world-class confectioner?  No.  What you see is actually soap.  Yes, soap.  I can tell you're just as stunned as I was, and still am.  Sweet Planet specializes in cold process goat's milk soap made to look and smell like something right out of a bakery. 

How much fun would a cake or pie be at a shower or other girlie event?  Take home a slice of soap as a lovely parting gift!  Boy, when Sweet Planet refers to a "cake" of soap, she's not kidding!

And check this out...


I still can't believe these aren't actual pies.  And Sweet Planet offers a variety of "flavors," offering what is essentially a custom soap pie just for you.

Sweet Planet's soapy confections are made with 100% vegetarian oils and quality cosmetic-grade fragrance oils and dyes.  They're gentle on the skin with wonderful lathering and cleansing abilities. 

I was so agog by this shop I had to get a sample of what was offered.  I chose the Gingersnap Cookies soaps. 

Not currently available because I bought them

So realistic, so wonderfully fragrant, and really nice soap.  Customer service is stupendous too!  For your next event or just to pretty up your own powder room I suggest you check out Sweet Planet.  Goat's milk soap never looked and smelled so good! 


*as tempted as you will be, please do not eat the soap*

This article will soon be published on the HandmadeMN blog, a blog I'm sure you will enjoy.  Not only do they publish my Featured Shops, but have lots of giveaways and interesting articles presented by many Minnesota artisans like me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...