Monday, January 26, 2009

Homekeeping Update

As you know, I’ve made it a resolution to become more in touch with my Martha Stewart side. All right, before any of you start getting the wrong idea, I use “Martha Stewart” as a metaphor – I would never claim to have a side that is actually Martha Stewart. Not that I have any against Martha Stewart…

Before this gets way off track, I’m proud to say that my attempts to make more of a routine of my homekeeping tasks has shown good results. The tidiness about the house has created a sense of calm in me. Don't start thinking I’ve gone all sappy over house work, let me just clarify that last statement by saying I fidgeted a lot today, wondering what I should do and wondering what I should be thinking of doing. There was nothing to do, and I didn’t have to think of doing anything because everything on my handy-dandy list had been done. All week I kept to the list, so by the weekend I was free to do anything I wanted. Anything! Not only that, keeping to my list (which I hope will turn into a routine that doesn’t require a list) gave me time throughout the week too. By limiting the chores I do after work, but covering everything throughout the week, I have plenty of time at the end of the day to read, watch TV, or work on projects for Auntie B’s Wax. I’ve even managed to make it to bed a little earlier on some nights, and can lay there without spinning thoughts about what I should be doing instead of attempting to get the rest I need.

It can only get better, don’t you think? It’s amazing how much better I can sleep at night knowing there aren’t any dishes in the sink.

1 comment:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Good for you. You sound happier and lighter in your writing too. Brings a smile to my face. So happy for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...