Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Always Waxing

Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision with the name of my company.  Thanks to my nephews Fojo and Paenney and a very long story they started calling me "Auntie B."  When I began my company, and to this day I put an emphasis on candle making.  What better name for my company than Auntie B's Wax?  Kind of clever.  Starts with an "A" for top-of-the-list searches.  Pretty good.

But as time went on I found my crafting extended beyond candles, and in some venues I'm known more for products other than candles.  Will the customers be confused?  Should I branch off and make another company for my non-candle products? 

It occurred to me that Auntie B's Wax indeed goes beyond candles simply by definition of the word "wax."  In fact, I'm really happy I chose this name, because it is all encompassing.  It describes my expansion.  It describes my journey.  My company reflects how I wax.  Check out this definition:

-verb (used without object), waxed; waxed or (Literary) wax⋅en; wax⋅ing.

1. to increase in extent, quantity, intensity, power, etc.

2. (of the moon) to increase in the extent of its illuminated portion before the full moon.

3. to grow or become



Yes, this is Auntie B's "Wax."  Check in tomorrow to see what's new and available for sale.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...