Friday, January 22, 2010

The New Smellies Are Here! The New Smellies Are Here!

OK, it's the dead of winter, but we chandlers have to start thinking of spring and summer right about now.  We chandlers also know candle sales kind of dip plummet in the spring and summer months.  What's with that anyway?  Spring and summer candles are great for outdoor entertaining on the deck, or for getting cozy on a dark and stormy night. 

But I'm not here today to pitch candle sales.  I'm here to tell you about one of the most fun things I get to do as a candle maker.  Figure out what scents to carry.  Oh glory what fun it is!  Even better when my favorite supplier is having a sale on sample packs!  Today at my doorstep when I got home from the day job was a box of twenty-one sample fragrance oils. 



Oh I know it probably doesn't look like much to you.  Even Husby kind of rolls his eyes when the fragrance oils arrive.  But for me it's like a whole new beginning.  I get pumped about pouring more candles with these fabulous new scents.  I look forward to seeing what scents other people are drawn to when they stop by my booth at craft shows and festivals. 

This weekend I'm going to break out the votive molds and the palm wax and go berzerk.  Woo Hoo! 

So tell me, what sounds good to you?

Key Lime
Warm Apple Pie
Pina Colada
Almond Pastries
Green Clover & Aloe
Lavender
Nag Champa (think incense)
Ginger Peach
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Cranberry Citrus
Macintosh Apple
Frosted Carrot Cake
Ocean
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Love Spell
Lemon Pound Cake
French Vanilla Amber
Passion Fruit & Guava
Strawberries & Cream
Cinnamon Buns
Jasmine

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Green clover and aloe, and french vanilla amber sound good. What does Love Spell smell like?

Sara said...

MaryAnn, Love Spell was a free sample sent to me with my order - I didn't choose it. It's perfumey, kind of old lady. It would smell good in your grandma's bathroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...