Monday, July 12, 2010

Catching Up

Have you ever just taken a little break

from the vacuuming

and the laundry

and candle pouring (or any other little project you might have)?

The timer was set to go off

for the time I needed to go fill the well of the candles I'd been pouring.

I'd just rest my eyes

until the bell rang.

Have you ever been awakened by your husby

to find yourself sitting in a chair

gently holding a pair of socks to your chest

the ones you had taken off because your feet were too hot?

To find the sun still shining?

To have no idea what day it is?

"Your timer went off," he said queitly to me.

Have you ever fallen asleep so soundly within a matter of very few minutes

right in the middle of the day

without any intention of doing so?

I did.

And it was wonderful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...