Thursday, August 05, 2010

Get Away From The City Heat

Looking for something to do this weekend?  Come on up to the Goose Lake Farm and Winery in Nowthen, MN.  Every Saturday until the end of October they have a market open to the public, including vegetables from local growers and artisans of various talents showing their wares.

Husby and I took a little trip up there last weekend as visitors.  The Goose Lake Farm is a real working farm and is all natural and sustainable.  It's a great place to take the kids, as there are animals who love to be pet and fed by visitors. 


Although Husby and I didn't get a chance to taste any wine, we did get a good look at the grapes grown right on the farm.


There are chickens everywhere.  I found this a little odd at first, but then found out the birds on the property take care of the insects, eliminating the need for insecticides on the grape vines.  Cool!


I'll be all set up this Saturday.  You won't miss me.  I'm the one with the colorful candles (made from all-natural waxes, of course), smutty pulp fiction magnets, and fun bottle cap drink charms.  Stop on by!  (Directions to the farm are provided on their website.)

I'll most likely be showing my wares at the Goose Lake Farm Winery more this fall.  Those dates will be posted on my sidebar under Upcoming Events as they are planned. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...