Thursday, March 04, 2010

House Fix

As is very typical of me when I’m feeling like I am today I took a little drive down Summit Avenue. I had the excuse of needing to see my bottle cap supplier, but the drive was what I really needed.  Seeing the houses on Summit makes me happy and melancholy at the same time.

Here is a house F. Scott Fitzgerald lived in.



This is the Chauncey Griggs house. I love the name Chauncey. I also love the house. It's pretty famous for being haunted by several spirits. I've been inside this house more than once, and would buy it in a minute if it were less than $5000. The rest of my money (as well as thousands more given to me by generous doners like you) would have to go toward maintenance.



This next house has always been one of my favorites.  It was built by Joshua Sanders, president of the Northwestern Lime Company.  I just love the little skinny windows.


If you live in the Twin Cities area don't forget to drive/stroll/bike/jog down Summit Avenue once in a while.  If you don't live in the Twin Cities area and would like to see more pictures of this historic five-mile stretch of mansions, check this out.

(Oh, and just for the record, I did get the bottle caps)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...