Friday, October 15, 2010

A New Venture

A lot of people think of January 1st to be the beginning of the new year.  I always start anew in October.  October is the beginning of my favorite time of year.  I began a new life as a married person in October.  The busy business season starts in October.  And today I'm very proud to announce a new relationship with a new shop in Superior, Wisconsin ~ Lu.** 

Why should I be the only one with new beginnings in October?  Lu is named after a little girl named Izzy Lu and is managed by her mom, Aimee, and it opens today.  The shop sits inside another wonderful shop, The Rocking Horse, owned by Aimee's mom.  There are three generations of involvement here, so I think they're on to something serious.


When Aimee asked if I could supply her shop with some of my wares I jumped at the chance, blindly but with much faith.  I live many miles away and I've never met Aimee nor have I seen the shop.  In fact, the shop wasn't even built when she contacted me.  But as they say, when you step off the cliff you will either land on solid ground or you will learn to fly ~ what have we got to lose?!


So here I go, spreading myself out to a new market, in a new town, and will hopefully find new fans of my work.  My best wishes go to Aimee during these exciting times, as well as to all the people who are involved in providing Lu with terrifically fun items for the shop's customers. 

If you're in the neighborhood of Superior, Wisconsin, be sure to stop by and check out this fun new shop.

Here's to new beginnings in October!

**The photos in this post are compliments of Lu::Handmade Goodness, Aimee's new blog featuring her shop.  I know I'll be a regular reader.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Warm, cozy, interesting venture, love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...