Monday, October 25, 2010

A Tribute To The Monsters ~ The Phantom of the Opera

I love scary movies. Not slashers ~ none of that Freddie Kruger/Michael Myers stuff. I'm talking scary. Surreal, mysterious, and supernatural. Curses and hexes. My favorite scary movies don't really "scare" me any more, but they epitomize, for me, what scary should be ~ the black-and-white movies from the golden age of Hollywood. The monsters.

This week on the blog I'm paying tribute to the monsters of Halloween. I dare you to take some time during this Halloween season to watch some of the classic horrors. They go great with popcorn.

If I am the Phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so... If I shall be saved, it will be because your love redeems me.

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Is that suppose to be a picture of the Phantom of the Opera? Isn't the story that his face was scared and burned so he had to wear half a mask to cover it's hideousness? If so, why doesn't this Phantom have a mask, and also, what's up with the bad teeth? This guy looks more like a cross between Frankenstein and Dracula with a really bad overbite.

Sara said...

This isn't "supposed" to be the phantom, this IS the phantom. Lon Chaney starred in the 1925 silent film long before Andrew Lloyd Weber put his bubble-gum fingers on the story. It's a classic and a must-see.

MaryAnn said...

So the Phatom's face was all around hideous? Well, that's no good. How was the girl suppose to fall in love with that? At least with the mask covering the really bad stuff, she had the good side to become entranced and mesmorized with!

Cheri said...

As long as there was no bad breath and he showered I would give it a shot!!!! Love love these old photos, keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...